Best Songs of 1993 & 1998 Week
Opening Song – “Still Not a Player” Big Pun (3:57 – 1998)
(Copy and Do) Prompt- When you’re working really hard to learn something, what are your eyes doing? What are your hands and feet doing? Body? Feet? Mouth? etc…
(STARTER EXAMPLE) When I’m working really hard to learn something, my eyes are…
Have your HW Out On YOUR DESK. I’m coming around.
Share- Go Around at Your Tables and share your responses.
SLT- I can identify and practice some of the norms and structures of ELA 8.
circle the verbs, underline the nouns.
Grapple Text- ELA Welcome Letter
- Read independently
- jot down anything you’re excited about, questions or concerns.
Class Work 1-
- Begin your ELA Homework for writing class.
- Reading Homework can be done on any book that you have at home or that you’re currently reading.
Write down your next steps for tonight: signed letter, school supplies, ELA homework, etc…
- Class Work IIFull Body ContractAfter reading through the expectations of the class and our BCS Habits of Character and Scholarship, it’s time to start thinking about what that actually looks like. If we’re planning to be learning and challenging ourselves this year, what does our body physically need to be doing?
- Facilitator (Group Leader)
- Materials Keeper (Pen/Marker/Giant Paper/Piece Of Tape/Scissors)
- On your paper, sketch someone from your group.
- Then as a group, have a discussion for each of the following body parts on the same general question- what does _____ look like when you’re putting Learning First and following our class norms?
- Summarize your discussion near the body part on your large paper.
- Hands and Arms
- Feet and Legs
- Your Body and Trunk
- Fill in the rest of your body. Does not need to be or look like the person that you traced.
Exit ticket- HW Starts tonight