Best Songs of 1993 & 1998 Week
Opening Song – “Soul To Squeeze” Red Hot Chili Peppers (4:50 – 1993)
(Copy and Do) Practice Stream of Consciousness Writing for the remainder of this song.
- Think about your day. About your summer. About Wednesdays. Something you’re worried about.
SLT- I can use a mix of context and anecdote in my journal writing.
a short and amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person.“told anecdotes about his weekend”
synonyms: story, tale, narrative, incident;
the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed.“the decision was taken within the context of planned cuts in spending”
synonyms: circumstances, conditions, factors, state of affairs, situation, background, scene, setting
Yesterday we talked stream of consciousness.
Today, we’re going to talk about another way of writing a journal entry. With a mix of context and anecdote.
Anecdotes are really short stories that are mixed into context. Anecdotes are like the “evidence” when it comes to narrative writing.
Let’s check out this quick example of mixing context and anecdote for This I Believe, called “Being Content With Myself.”
Notice how the author mixes context.
Look through your journal entries and find something you can expand on with anecdotes. – I can model this.
Write 3+ anecdotes that help expand your writing and show your journals from the past 2 days/nights.
Check In 1- after 5 minutes.
Check In 2- Share 1 anecdote with your partner.
Exit Ticket- explain what an anecdote is in your own words.
- Class Work IIFull Body ContractAfter reading through the expectations of the class and our BCS Habits of Character and Scholarship, it’s time to start thinking about what that actually looks like. If we’re planning to be learning and challenging ourselves this year, what does our body physically need to be doing?
- Facilitator (Group Leader)
- Materials Keeper (Pen/Marker/Giant Paper/Piece Of Tape/Scissors)
- On your paper, sketch someone from your group.
- Then as a group, have a discussion for each of the following body parts on the same general question- what does _____ look like when you’re putting Learning First and following our class norms?
- Summarize your discussion near the body part on your large paper.
- Hands and Arms
- Feet and Legs
- Your Body and Trunk
- Fill in the rest of your body. Does not need to be or look like the person that you traced.
Exit ticket- HW Starts tonight