Teachers Choice Tuesday
Opening Song – “Am I Right?”Anderson.Paak ft. Schoolboy Q (4:14 – 2016)
List 3-5 Questions that you have about our Habits RAFTS Assignment or our ELA 8 Class in General.
- Announcements- We’ll be ending class with a closing circle
SLT- I can use a mix of context and anecdote in my journal writing.
SLT- I can connect my anecdotes to our BCS Habits of Character and Habits of Scholarship.
SLT- I can use technology to publish my classwork.
SLT- I can use models to help strengthen my own writing.
SLT- I can identify the audience, context and anecdote in a This I Believe Essay, and other personal essays.
SLT- I can set short-term writing goals for ELA Class
circle the verbs, underline the nouns
- Most authors say that you have to write at least a page a day to keep your writing strong.
- Most authors say they have to write 100 pages to get about 20 publishable pages.
- Make a short-term writing goal, that for this class you think more like an author.
- Naming norms, sharing norms, logging in an logging out.
Class Work– Find your name here for your instructions.
Template Option I- If you’re stuck Click Here
Template Option II- already in your google drive.
- If you have a draft – Text coding your writing.
- Editing Text Codes
- C- Context
- A- Anecdote
- 6- for 6th graders
- Go to bcsela.com – find class agenda 5B
- Make a copy – share with Josh B and Lauren
- file, make a copy, name the copy including your name
- Type your anecdotes in the template.
- Grade your work on our rubric.
Interruption– if there’s a common issue.
Closing Circle- Last 7 Minutes
- Thumbs Up/Down – Did we write a page? Are we writing more anecdotes, and then picking the best.
- Whip Around- Next Steps
Homework- Decide if you’re going for a 3 or a 4 on your homework rubric.