Opening Song – “Brothers On The Slide” Cymande (4:23 – 1974)
- glue your homework rubric into your ELA Homework Work notebook.
- Circle which score you think you deserve based on the criteria.
- A) Why do you think you deserve this grade?
- B) Write down an anecdote from your weekend.
SLT- I can use a mix of context and anecdote in my journal writing.
SLT- I can connect my anecdotes to our BCS Habits of Character and Habits of Scholarship.
SLT- I can use technology to publish my classwork.
SLT- I can use models to help strengthen my own writing.
SLT- I can identify the elements of a This I Believe Essay.
circle the verbs, underline the nouns
- Model identifying Elements of a This I Believe Statement
P- Positive Language
B- This I Believe
- Finish Model independently
- Choose at least 2 more statements to read and text code.
- Try Drafting your own This I Believe Statement in your notebook.
what’s one topic you could potentially write about?
- Go to bcsela.com – find class agenda 5B
- Make a copy – share with Josh B and Lauren
- file, make a copy, name the copy including your name
- Type your anecdotes in the template.
- Grade your work on our rubric.
Interruption– if there’s a common issue.
Homework- Decide if you’re going for a 3 or a 4 on your homework rubric.