Opening Song – “Ain’t No Half Steppin” – Big Daddy Kane (5:22 – 1988)
- Do Now- Glue this Into Your Notebook, OR (BETTER!) create your own.
When you’re done, Read Your Independent Book
SLT- I can use a mix of context and anecdote in my journal writing.
SLT- I can brainstorm possible This I Believe Topics and Anecdotes
SLT- I can use technology to publish my classwork.
SLT- I can use models to help strengthen my own writing.
SLT– I can identify the elements of a This I Believe Essay.
circle the verbs, underline the nouns
- Brainstorming possible beliefs
- start with big moments in your life
- times you were in trouble…like a lot of trouble.
- Times that were really good.
- Times of great sadness.
- Think about what you learned in these extreme moments.
- Brainstorm different topics for your own This I Believe Statement
- Brainstorm different anecdotes connected to your topic
- Write down anecdotes from your life.
Share what you’re writing about.
Habits of Character/Habits Of Scholarship Computer Work
- Finish Habits of Scholarship/Habits of Character Letter
This I Believe Computer Work
- Read Under 18 Year Old Samples (2-3 of your choosing)
- Browse By Subject. (2-3 of your choosing)
- Draft your own version of a This I Believe In Your Notebook.
- Draft your own version of a This I Believe on a google.doc
What are your next steps?
- Go to Drive
- Title: your name This I Believe
- Share with Josh B and Lauren
Homework- Decide if you’re going for a 3 or a 4 on your homework rubric.