Opening Song – “Passing Me By” The Pharcyde (4:43 – 1995)
- Create this image in your notebook-
SLT- I can use a mix of context and anecdote in my journal writing.
SLT- I can connect my anecdotes to our BCS Habits of Character and Habits of Scholarship.
SLT- I can stretch and revise my anecdotes using sensory details.
SLT- I can use models to help strengthen my own writing.
SLT- I can identify the elements of a This I Believe Essay.
circle the verbs, underline the nouns
- Reviewing the senses and some of sensory details- model on ELMO
- Partner work- 5 minutes- work together to fill out as many sensory words as you can.
Use your revision to add Sensory Details into your anecdotes.
Habits of Character/Habits Of Scholarship Computer Work
- Finish Habits of Scholarship/Habits of Character Letter
This I Believe Computer Work
- Read Under 18 Year Old Samples (2-3 of your choosing)
- Browse By Subject. (2-3 of your choosing)
- Use your web and Brainstorms from class 1.
- Draft your own version of a This I Believe In Your Notebook.
- Draft your own version of a This I Believe on a google.doc
Please be responsible for your own computer.
One Sensory Word you used or would like to.
- Go to Drive
- Title: your name This I Believe
- Share with Josh B and Lauren
Homework- Decide if you’re going for a 3 or a 4 on your homework rubric.