Timer- “I Put A Spell On You” – Scream’n Jay Hawkins (1955, 3:09)
DO Now- What’s your favorite Scary/Spooky Movie, Story or TV Show? What do you like about it? What’s it about? (2-4 Sentences)
We’re going to do something a little different in here today. I think we’re ready.
Partner Share Out your Do Now
Initiative- “Psycho Killer, Zombie, Vampire, Shark Monster, Werewolf, Ghost”
- No Touching each other.
- You cannot talk. You can make sounds if it makes sense.
- You have to act out the character you have, and find others like you.
- When you find your fellow monsters, claim a section of the classroom together.
- Timer- “Main Theme From Halloween” – Halloween Movie Soundtrack (2:58 – 1978) Take Seats
I can contribute to and participate in a tableau representing a text or subject.
Break Circle Verbs, Underline Nouns
Tableau- a group of models or motionless figures representing a scene from a story or from history; a tableau vivant.
Tableau’s have these components-
Narrator, Model Actors
Examples- As we watch, What are the parts of a tableau?
- Tableau as a story
- Model Actors move around. Narrator describes what’s happening and puts it into a story.
Today in class, we’re going to make a scary tableau with 2-3 scenes. You are going to make the tableau in your scary groups, about your scary monster.
Scene 1) The wicked witch makes his evil sleeping potion but is missing the key ingredient, eye of 8th grader.
Scene 2) The wicked witch sees an 8th grader with 2 eyes! “Perfect, double the potion,” he thinks.
Scene 3) The wicked witch begins to hunt the 8th grader with 2 eyes. It could be you.
Group Work – 10 minutes
- Create a 2-3 Scene Tableau that Features Your Monster doing something scary.
- Can have a narrator and everyone else acts.
- Tableau shouldn’t be more than a minute.
- Characters to consider- your monster, victims
- Performances – 10 minutes
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing