Timer- “Somebody’s Watching Me” – Rockwell (3:36 – 1984)
Continue the story.
Prompt- “I woke up to the ping of my phone. I had a new text message. I unlocked my phone and gasped with horror. There was a picture in my phone of me sleeping. I live alone.”
Finish The Story…
Example- I woke up to the ping of my phone. I had a new text message. I unlocked my phone and gasped with horror. There was a picture in my phone of me sleeping. I live alone. My heart started to raced and I scanned the room. All the windows and doors were shut.
Share out with your partner.
SLT- I can identify the key elements of a horror story.
Breakdown: Circle Verbs, Underline Nouns
Read Aloud – Elements of Horror Fictions
Model- Let’s watch the short film, “2AM – The Smiling Man” and see if we can pick out some of the key elements of Horror.
- Practice: What Elements Of Horror Do I See in the films?
- 2 AM: The Smiling Man- A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J
- Homework . 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary,
- 1 Page of Independent Writing.
- If you’d like to start writing your own Scary Story, that would be wonderful!