Timer- “Psycho Killer” Talking Heads (4:20 – 1978)
DO THIS- Write the beginning of a story based on this image.
- Share with your partner
Practice Identifying Elements of Horror-
- Let’s identify the Elements of Horror in our Anchor Text:
SLT- I can analyze how a narrators word choice and actions impact the reader in a horror story.
Breakdown: Circle Verbs, Underline Nouns
– “A Tell Tale Heart” by Edgar Allan Poe
- The story is about a murder
- You most likely have seen, heard or even read it before. It’s one of the most important texts in American History.
- We’ll read the story once, then work on answering questions in our notebook.
Class Work I-
Read “A Tell Tale Heart” together skip to 1:00
Class Work II
Identify- “A Tell Tale Heart” Elements Of Horror –
- Answer questions from “A Tell Tale Heart” in your class notebook.
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing