Timer- “Werewolves Of London” Warren Zevon (3:33 – 1978)
Use the prompt below to work on your own story or draw a picture of what you’re visualizing.
The last thing I saw was my alarm clock flashing 12:07 before she pushed her long rotting nails through my chest, her other hand muffling my screams. I sat bolt upright, relieved it was only a dream, but as I saw my alarm clock read 12:06, I heard my closet door creak open.
Share with your partner
SLT- I can read and analyze horror stories in a variety of ways.
Breakdown: Circle Verbs, Underline Nouns
Review ET Horror Assignment –
- Review Of “The plot contains frightening or unexpected events”
- Use “boxes and bullets” or a “double entry journal” to record evidence of Elements Of Horror in the story.
- Write down the story title
- Focus on just the following Elements of Horror – How does this story use ______
Mood, Dark Side of Life, Plot Contains Frightening or Unexpected Events
- Find quotes or paraphrase chunks of text that support your thinking. (3-7 bullets depending on the length of the story)
- Summarize the story in your own words.
- Write your own adaptation of the short story for HW.
- 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing – Horror Stories Encouraged.