Timer- “The Boogie Monster” Gnarls Barkley (3:33 – 2006)
Use the prompt below to work on your own story with this situation or draw a picture of what you’re visualizing.
A town falls victim to a large plague of killer rats.
SLT- I can read and analyze horror stories in a variety of ways.
Breakdown: Circle Verbs, Underline Nouns
Review ET Horror Assignment Reminder –
- Read Aloud- “Lambs To Slaughter” By Roald Dahl
- More of a mystery than a horror story.
- Use “boxes and bullets” or a “double entry journal” to record evidence of Elements Of Horror in the story.
- Write down the story title
- Focus on just the following Elements of Horror – How does this story use ______
Mood, Dark Side of Life, Plot Contains Frightening or Unexpected Events
- Find quotes or paraphrase chunks of text that support your thinking. (3-7 bullets depending on the length of the story)
- Summarize the story in your own words.
- Write your own adaptation of the short story for HW.
- Film Adaptation
- 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing – Horror Stories Encouraged.