Opening Song – “This Is Halloween” Danny Elfman from “Nightmare Before Christmas (3:36- 1993)
Do Now: 5 minutes of Journaling In Your Notebook
- Something that you learned about horror or scary stories that you didn’t already know?
- Scariest thing that ever happened to you during the school day?
SLT- I can make the best possible scary story, possible.
Circle the verbs, underline the nouns
- Scary Story Fest is today!
- P8 will meet directly in Betsy’s room. There is a rapid dismissal today at 3. You will not be allowed to go to your locker after school, so please go ahead of time and don’t be late for class.
- Tomorrow we’ll start the 3rd day/week of Independent reading! Lauren/Josh will begin conferencing during this time.
- SLC’s are next week. Welcome Packet, Horror Story and Tell Tale Heart Videos are all options.
Read Aloud Groups-
- P1- Isaac, James, Cierra, Luna, Jehmani, Isabel
- P4- Zack, Rosana, Anthony, Saniya, Thuraya, Maria DLC
Independent Work Time:
Step One. Continue Drafting — use the “Vocabulary Words for Writing Scary Stories” worksheet to help you create a scary vibe.
Step Two- Use a laptop to Draft your Scary Story:
Step Three- complete your the self edit checklist, and then work with a peer or peer editing.
Use the heading
Title The Document
Share the document with Josh and Lauren
Horror Story Headings
Heading Should Include-
- First and Last Name
- Lauren and Josh
SKIP 2 Lines
Put your title –