2017 Week (s)
Opening Song – “Friend Zone” Thundercat (3:33- 2017)
Do Now #1: Think about where you are in your Independent Reading Book. Answer the following question based on if you’re at the-
Beginning- Do you understand what’s going on in your story? Explain. (4 Sentences)
Middle- What role is the main character taking in this story? Explain. (4 Sentences)
End- How did the setting change over time in the different sections of this story? (4 Sentences)
Do Now #2: Get a new Reading Log
Song Suggestion Fridays- students who are in class on time, in their seat and getting started when the bell rings, all 10 periods now have the opportunity to suggest songs for the Do Now on the following Friday. E-mail suggestions to email@example.com
- NATIVE SON Test on Wednesday! Please get summaries of what you missed from the red binder.
SLT’s and HW Check
SLT- I can track developments in the characters and settings throughout the course of my independent reading book.
Circle the verbs, underline the nouns
- Goals for Independent Reading-
- Josh- to check in with all of you about your do now.
- Lauren- checks in about Write Longs (post-it’s/photocopy) and Weekend HW Reaction.
- Students- read 8-15 pages depending on your book.
Independent Work Time: Hand In Class Work Notebook
Exit Ticket- What is one major theme of your Independent Reading Book? Provide an example from you IR book that supports this.