2017 Week (s)
Opening Song – “Slide” Calvin Harris Ft/ Frank Ocean and Migos (3:53- 2017)
Do Now#1- Make a list of the 5 fanciest words that you know.
Do Now #2- Make a list of the 5 words that you use the most.
- Write Long #4 is all graded. These were the best ones yet!
- There is a ton of important work to be done this week.
SLT’s and HW Check – COLLECT HW NB
SLT- I can identify and utilize exciting vocabulary from my independent reading book.
Circle the verbs, underline the nouns
- Read Aloud- Phantom Tollbooth/Chap 4 Confusion at the Word Market
- What signpost do you see in this section?
- “Maybe if I buy some, I can learn how to use them”
- Quagmire, Flabbergast, and Upholstery
- “He had no idea what they meant, but they looked very grand and elegant”
Independent Work Time:
Option 1- Read for 25 minutes + mentally note any exciting words from your book that you’d like to use.
Option 2- Read for 25 minutes +. Write down any exciting words from your book that you’d like to use.
- Lauren with Thesis/Write Longs.
Exit Ticket- Identify 3-5 words that you liked from your independent reading book. Use them in your journal entry tonight.