Opening Song – “Don’t Be Cruel” Elvis Presley (2:03 – 1956)
Do Now#1: Take out your Round Table Work in your group folder. –
- Welcome to the 8th Grade ELA Round Table!
- In this case study –
- SLT’s and HW Check:
SLT: I can actively participate in my 8th Grade ELA Round Table.
Circle the verbs, underline the nouns
- Opening Statement: Defense Team (3-4 mins)
- Opening Statement: State of Illinois Prosecution Team (1-2 minutes)
- Reasons #1 + 2: Defense Team (3-4 minutes)
- Prosecution shares reasons, evidence & analysis (2-3 minutes)
- Counterclaim + Rebuttal: Defense Team (2-3 minutes)
- Counterclaim + Rebuttal: State of Illinois Prosecution Team (2-3 minutes)
Style & Voice (5-10 minutes)
- Prosecution style and voice- share best paragraph of writing (3 mins)
- Defense style and voice- share best paragraph of writing (3 mins)
Part II (Q & A Session)
Facilitators will have the chance to ask students a variety of questions about their work. At the facilitator’s’ discretion, they will ask students to respond in either a “go-round” style or on a one-by-one basis.